Medical cannabis can be enjoyed responsibly beyond traditional vaporizing and smoking methods. In fact, marijuana can be consumed in the form of edibles, and can be quite delicious, such as a cannabis brownie! Edibles offer cannabis users the opportunity to enjoy the effects of THC without having to learn to smoke or inhale marijuana.
Determining your Dosage:
Before consuming edibles, it is important to know that the effects of THC on your body will be different when it is eaten, versus smoked or vaped. This is because, unlike traditional inhaling methods, when consumed, the body metabolizes THC in a different way. For example, the length of time it takes to become high, and how long you feel the effects of the marijuana, will be dependent on your body’s metabolism, and factors such as how much food you have eaten that day. Given the inherent differences between consumption and inhalation of cannabis, it is recommended that you start slow when consuming brownies (or any other form of marijuana edibles) to determine an appropriate dose.
Indica or Sativa Brownies?
Like smoking or vaping cannabis, the strain of marijuana will also impact the effects of the edibles in which you consume. For example, an Indica-dominant strain will offer more of a relaxed and couch-ridden feel, whereas a Sativa-dominant strain will give you more of an energetic feeling.
Making your Brownies:
Before diving into making your first batch of cannabis brownies, you first have to decide whether you will make your brownies from a box (like Betty Crocker), or from scratch, at home. For the highest quality experience, we recommend that you make your brownies from scratch. We further recommend that you use a cannabis-butter, as opposed to an oil, for the most optimal tasting product.
The next obvious question, is how much weed for the weed butter? As the intended goal is to achieve the euphoric feeling from THC, without overdoing it, we recommend using half standard butter, and half weed butter. For example, if the recipe calls for ½ cup of butter, use ¼ of weed butter, and ¼ of standard butter.
Ingredients required for weed butter
- 1 pound of unsalted butter
- 1 ounce of ground marijuana
- 3 cups of water
- Glass dish
- ¼ cup of weed butter
- 1/3 cup of traditional unsalted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a cooking pan with a cooking spray or oil
- Mix cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl and set aside
- Melt butter (both cannabis-infused and standard) into a saucepan until it is melted. Do NOT let it boil.
- Mix sugar and vanilla extract into melted butter
- Add sugar-vanilla-butter mix into the mixing bowl of dry ingredients, with the 2 eggs
- Beat the mixture in the mixing bowl until it is of a velvety and smooth consistency
- Pour the brownie into your baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Allow brownies to cool
- Ding! Your brownies are ready to enjoy. Serve and consume responsibly.
I hope you enjoyed our best practice recommendations for cannabis brownies.
If you or someone you know is looking to be prescribed for medical cannabis, feel free to reach out via phone (1-844-312-5143) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).